.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;} <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Trip to ShanXi province in the People's Republic of China in 2003 to receive our son and GuangXi province in 2006 to receive our daughter

Monday, March 13, 2006

Gotcha continued 

C has been sleeping for about 90 minutes now. We got her to eat some cracker and a 1/3 bowl of milupa rice cereal then she wanted to cuddle with daddy and started yawning.

We put her down in the crib provided by the hotel and she went to sleep after playing for a little while with a spoon and then her feet and finally her blanket which is pressed against her lips. I caught her standing at the end of the crib peeking on daddy while mommy lay sleeping in the bed beside her. Next thing I knew she was down and sleeping.

Per a yahoo group for BeiHai babies it seems that pressing a favorite rag, face cloth or blanket to their lips is a habit the babies carry on for a long time post adoption. They also seem to like the soft tags in clothes for some odd reason. Neither V or I paid close attention to what the nannies were wearing at the Civil Affairs office today. I am thinking maybe the nannies where silk when holding the babies so they are accustomed to a soft shiny fabric being close to their face. We will have to be more attentive on Wednesday.

In this mornings paperwork session V had a closer look at the information provided about her finding and the name of the mall where she was found is clearly stated. We will have to see if we can find it when we visit the orphanage.

B just called so I have to go.
Comments: Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?